Talk:Shader Forge Wiki
The main page is arguably the most important page of all - how should this be categorized?
Currently, it's not really in a sustainable format, but it's a nice structure for new users to know which order to read things in. We're probably going to want some sort of categorization by article type.
For instance, here's a rough suggestion:
- Colors & Textures - Color blending, Textures & normal maps, Color tinting, Component masking / "swizzling", Gradient mapping
- UV Mapping & Manipulation - UV offset, Scaling & Rotation, UV Distortion, World-space mapping, Triplanar mapping, Parallax mapping
- Time - Pulsating lights, generating sine/triangle/sawtooth/square waves,
- Vector Mathematics - Distance fading, Normals, Lambert, Blinn-phong, Dot product/Cross product/Vector projection/Vector rejection, Space transformation
- Shader Forge & Unity - Lightmapping, Glowing emission using Bloom & HDR, Keeping shaders optimized in your project
This is just a very simple thing I threw up, so, feel free to come up with suggestions!
Also, please insert your signature after you've written something in these discussion pages, you can insert that by pressing the second toolbar button from the right :)
The main page now has categories, which I think will work well. I'm not sure if the Time category might be too small though, but we'll see in the future :)
I would like to add an entry about Shaders for the new UI. Would that fit under ""Shader Forge & Unity"" ?